It’s taco time: egg edition.
You might not think to put tacos and eggs together, but they actually can make quite the healthy combo.
Eggs are a super source of protein. There’s a reason why Rocky Balboa would drink a glass of egg yolks before training (we don’t recommend doing this, though)…
Now check this out. Normally, you’d splatter a little ketchup or hot sauce on your eggs to give them some added taste. See, we know that you can do better than that…
This recipe includes most of the components of your average taco without the carb-heavy tortilla included. What could be better than that?
Plus, you can make these muffins into little cups, which are easy to bring with you wherever you go!
So what are you waiting for? Scroll down and see how you can make these heavenly taco treats for yourself!
- 1/2 of a lb of ground beef
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of onion powder
- A pinch of garlic powder
- A dash of sea salt
- 6 organic, free-range eggs
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- A handful of sliced olives
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- In a skillet, brown the beef over medium heat. Add in the chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and sea salt. Remove them from heat and drain.
- In a bowl, mix up the eggs. Add the browned, seasoned beef; chopped green onions; sliced olives; and chopped tomato. Fill 6 muffin tins.
- Bake this for 20-22 minutes, or until the egg is fully set. Enjoy!