Time to dig into some scrumptious, hearty turkey meatloaf.
This week’s recipe is all about one of America’s favorite hunks of meat. Don’t be deceived by the size of this classic dish, though, because you can turn it into a healthy and guilt free entrée!
Not only will you get a healthy serving of protein with this meatloaf, you can make it even healthier by simply using organic turkey as your meat.
With a side of veggies, this is the perfect meal for plenty of occasions, from a quiet night in to a large family gathering. Happy eating!
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 omega-3 rich eggs
- 2.5 lbs. of organic ground turkey
- 1 cup of natural ketchup (no sugar or corn syrup)
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Lightly grease a small casserole pan with olive oil.
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, onions, and peppers. Sauté them until they’re soft (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the spices, tomato paste, eggs, and turkey. Mix well, then transfer to the prepared pan, shaping into a loaf. Pour the ketchup evenly over the top of your loaf. Bake for 90 minutes and until it’s no longer pink in the center.