What’s a good morning without a nutritious breakfast?
Breakfast lends itself to many delicious, and healthy, options – yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, eggs, whole wheat toast…
But have you ever thought to include muffins in that list?
What is typically categorized as a sugar filled treat, these blueberry streusel muffins are packed with protein to satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping you on track with your fitness goals!
There’s a common misconception among those starting their health journey, that you have to give up the foods you love to lose weight.
Let’s put that misconception to rest – there are so many ways to enjoy your favorite foods, but in different ways which won’t expand your waistband!
Let’s get to cooking!
- Coconut oil spray
- 2 Cups liquid egg whites
- 1 Cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 Cup old fashion oats, divided
- 1 Cup frozen blueberries, divided
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- ½ Teaspoon sea salt
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-tin muffin pan with coconut oil spray.
- In a blender combine the egg whites, protein powder, ¾ cup oats, ½ cup blueberries, the lemon zest, sea salt and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins. Divide the remaining blueberries evenly between the muffins and drop into the batter. Place a sprinkle of the remaining oats on the top of each muffin
Serving Size: 2 muffins