Who doesn’t love bacon? Sorry, vegetarians, it’s just so good.
It’s hard to try and be healthy when you’re a bacon lover, you feel like the mornings are missing a little something. Well, here’s a delicious and nutritious solution to that little problem.
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
This is a great appetizer to prepare, or even a fun snack if you’re going to be entertaining guests. You can eat it any time of the day, too!
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Dash of sweet paprika
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 6 slices nitrate free bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- 12 fresh scallops
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil, set aside.
- Over very low heat, in a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil. Remove from heat and pour into a small bowl. Add the garlic, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Dip each scallop in the seasoned coconut oil, then wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the scallops are cooked through and the bacon is crisp.
- Serve immediately
Fig, Goat Cheese and Bacon
This is a great recipe to make for any upcoming holiday parties and, of course, features bacon. And it’s gluten-free (both of these recipes are) which makes it even better!
- 6 figs, halved
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 6 Tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 slice nitrate free bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 176 degrees C.
- In a medium skillet cook the bacon until crispy. Allow to cool then crumble.
- Lightly grease a baking pan with olive oil.
- Halve the figs and line, cut side up, on the prepared pan.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze on the cut side of each fig. Sprinkle with goat cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Place in oven for 5-8 minutes. Serve immediately.