Today’s meal prep might just make your Sunday. Why?
Because now you can have all the spaghetti you want without feeling bad about it.
But isn’t pasta full of carbs? It can be…but not when you make it out of zucchini. All you need to do is make sure you have a spiral slicer (any store with kitchen supplies should have one) and follow the instructions below.
- 4 zucchinis, ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package of lean ground turkey (20oz)
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use your spiral slicer to cut your zucchini into angel hair noodles.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add the turkey to the skillet and cook until it’s fully browned. Add the spaghetti sauce and mix it until fully incorporated. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Mix the sauce with the zucchini noodles in the large bowl and serve.