When I say bacon and mustard, what’s the first thing that comes to your mind?
Maybe a hot dog? Perhaps a burger?
Such a beautiful marriage of food and condiment need not be wasted on food that’s only going to clog arteries…
So today, we’ve prepared our own take on the bacon-mustard duo. This time, we threw in some green beans, too. You’ll love these green beans topped with layers of flavor!
This is a great side dish to complement a hearty protein entrée! You’ll enjoy some amazing textures and tastes—and again, this is only a side dish!
Check out how you can make these awesome green beans yourself, and make sure you keep track of our blog for more healthy tips and recipes.
- 2 lbs of green beans, trimmed
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1/2 of a cup of yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of whole grain mustard
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the green beans and cook for 5 minutes. Drain the beans into a colander and place under cold water for 20 seconds.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet, leaving the bacon drippings, and chop them into 1-inch pieces.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat, and cook the onions in the bacon drippings for 5 minutes (or until tender). Reduce the heat to low, and add the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper, stirring until fully combined. Add the green beans and the bacon pieces, and mix well. Serve and enjoy!