Sally is a stay-at-home mom with errands to run all the time. Her mornings are packed: she drives the kids to school, does some grocery shopping, then comes home to wipe down the whole house.
By the time she catches her breath, it’s already lunchtime, yet she still hasn’t eaten anything. At all.
She’s on the fast lane to burnout, sickness, and fatigue.
If you’re in need of some fuel for the day, just like Sally, this egg and sausage casserole is the thing to take you mornings to the next level! Proteins and fiber are LOADED into the dish, and you skip out on a lot of unhealthy carbs, too.
Make some one morning, then portion out the rest for a week of irresistibly good breakfast.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 of a cup of onion, chopped
- 4 links of chicken sausage, sliced into 1/4 of an inch rounds
- 2 cups of broccoli, chopped
- 3/4 of a cup of shredded cheese, divided
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 of a cup of milk
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a large casserole pan with olive oil.
- In a small skillet, place the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tender onion, chicken sausage rounds, broccoli, and 1/4 of a cup of the shredded cheese. Spread this broccoli mixture over the prepared casserole pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, pepper, salt, and most of the remaining cheese (save a handful to sprinkle over the top of the casserole). Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli mixture in the casserole pan.
- Cover the casserole pan with foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil, sprinkle with the remaining cheese, and continue to bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool for 10 minutes, serve, and enjoy!