You know Summer is officially over when you start seeing hundreds of back-to-school ads take over the media.
Heck, the moment you step into a store it’s all about back to school clothes, supplies, and accessories!
It’s bitter sweet, but now it’s time to get the kids out of vacation mode and into focus mode!
What better way to start their first day of school than with a fresh batch of nutritional, apple ring pancakes?!
This recipe is quick, easy, delicious, and packed with healthy goodness.
And let’s be honest, nothing gets a kid out of bed faster in the morning than the smell of breakfast cooking!
So grab a mixing bowl and let’s get started!
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice and zest
- 3 green apples, washed, cored, and cut into six slices
- Preheat a pancake griddle and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the apple slices, in a food processor and mix until fully combined. Pour the batter into a shallow bowl.
- Dip each sliced apple ring into the batter, and rub to fully cover it. Transfer to the preheated griddle and cook as you would a regular pancake. Repeat with all of the apple slices. Serve with a little sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Number of servings: 6
Calories per serving: 258